Friday, June 6, 2008

Grandmothers are Grandlovers

My mum came back from the country side (village) on Monday with fresh, sumptuous looking unripe plantain from my grandmother for me. The fact is, since I am her first grand child, I have always been her favorite.

Coincidentally, my mother in-law also came yesterday complaining of having missed Noble and Ruddy her first grandsons. Guess what she brought for two year old Noble and 6 months old Ruddy?

Fresh corn for Noble and unripe banana to be crated into a paste for Ruddy.

What more do grandsons want from a beloved grandmother!!!

2 comments:

BroTee said...

I never had the privilege of meeting any of my grannies. I wish I had.

Sharon's Journal said...

Oh brotee,

That wish of yours just brought a tear to my eye. You mean they all went to meet JESUS when you hadn't arrived?

Well, these things happen you know. But if you had met any of them, I assure that you would have loved them. They are such fun to have around especially when you are still a child. They pet you and spoil you and love you and BEAT you when you get overly naughty.

Ah they are just a hand full especially when they can still move about healthy, you won’t believe the extent they can go for you their grand child!