Thursday, June 12, 2008

A cold but beautiful day

Today has been characterized by this unrelenting, drizzling rain which has made the humidity rather cold and comfortable too!

Most people would not see the beautiful side of this day because maybe they love their typical day sunny and hot. Well be that as it may, I sometimes like it thus too, but recently I noticed that the heat in this part of the world is becoming unbearable so when it rained throughout and the heavens had its face as moody as ever, I couldn’t just contain the happiness and had to share it on this blog.

It’s a big comfort knowing that tonight I would not need to fan Ruddy (that boy!) with one eye shut and the other one open because of heat, with him scratching, whimpering and sucking at me like … oh.


Lord, I thank you for this wonderful day.

1 comment:

NaijaEcash said...

I wish I could share your excitement about raining days. I dread raining season. The limitation placed on movement and the interruption to events and schedule makes me feel uncomfortable.

I do understand that rainy days are necessary, and I am grateful we are not experiencing prolong dry season which will result in famine.

Nonetheless, I love sunny days, when I can move around without getting scared that I might get trapped at the bus-stop by sudden outpour from the sky. ;-)